Current Ski Conditions
October 1, 2020
- · 35 years in business and opening for this season 2020-2021 We are excited about getting people outdoors exercising in this beautiful and historic place. Our lodging is closed until summer 2021
- · As we plan our ski season with Covid, we will follow State mandates. If the situation changes, we will be flexible and keep our customers and staff safe by following the protocols. We will 100 % open as soon as Mother Nature allows. All we need is cold weather and a little snow!
- · Some changes you will notice. First we follow all requirements for outdoor recreation facilities. This includes all customers will arrive and depart wearing a face covering, masks are required when not able to keep distance of 6 feet, sanitizing frequently touched areas and rental equipment , directing a new flow both in the rental shop and bathroom facilities to avoid close contact.
Canterbury Farm will still sell season passes and gift certificates by phone anytime. We are working on a pay online ticket system and hope to have it in place by November. Some restrictions and changes this year are limiting the use of warming areas, food service, and storage of personal belongings. We will have outdoor spaces with added heaters and fire pits to keep those customers warm.
- ·. Yes we do expect an increase in skiers. This is a safe sport during a pandemic. We have 200 acres of private land that we own where skiers, snow shoers, and ice skaters can enjoy while socially distancing.
- · Nordic skiing and snowshoeing are very easy sports to learn even without lessons. Group lessons with only family members will be accepted. Our equipment is simple to put on and off and comfortable. Our knowledgeable staff is always happy to give tips and short instructions before you go out. All our trails are marked with trail maps on each intersection.
- · We have enclosed and heated our Ski Chalet. This also is used for the ski rental shop. We have made improvements to our grooming capabilities. The existing trail system has been enhanced with more drainage, bridges and signage. New rental equipment will be purchased.
- · With our extensive and varied terrain, one can ski without feeling like they are in a crowd. Our patrons have said that Canterbury Farm is a “gem”. This private wooded land has been forest managed for 80 years, and it shows. Customers can experience three different winter sports. One pass can be interchanged between skiing, snowshoeing and ice skating with onsite rental equipment. As in the past we provide a friendly and healthy environment for all.
Conditions Skiing: Closed
Snow shoe: Closed
Ice skating: Closed
Ski equipment sale. Talk to Dave
Dancing Bear's grooming comments: Thanks to all those season pass holders and patrons!
We try our best to give an honest account of conditions, and our plans for grooming, etc. This is an outdoor activity, so changes of weather, environmental changes, and unforeseen circumstances can lead to changes and deviations from our plans, and from our latest observations. Early Season and Spring Season Conditions include the possibility of variable snow, thin spots, subsurface obstacles, and open water.
Delivered instantly by email to you or to your gift recipient. So simple!
A Canterbury Farm gift certificate may be purchased in any denomination & may be used for any retail purchase or service offered at Canterbury Farm. The value on your certificate will carry over until the certificate balance is zero. Canterbury Farm gift certificates do not diminish in value over time, impose no fees & do not expire. These personalized gift certificates will be emailed immediately to the purchaser and/or the recipient, per your request.